Writing Group Meetings...
After my "call to arms" I put out to my friends on Facebook, I have a small writing group! There are only about 6 of us, but we all seem to want to write. This is what I need. To be around people that want to write, and who are going to force me to do the same... and on time!
The meeting have been pretty lively and fun. We are all brand new writers, so a lot of our conversation goes... "I don't know why I feel this way about what you wrote". Its nice to get feedback though.
Our first weeks meeting was all of us talking about our plots to our short stories. This meeting went SUPER long. I feel like it was needed though, as it forced us all to put our thoughts into words and cement our concepts and flights of fancy.
Our next meeting was 2 weeks later. The goal was to have a good first sentence and first paragraph. I can honestly say I was very proud of us all. Everyone seemed to have really thought about it. It was also nice hearing people's thoughts on word choice. I was told "That word is so violent!" I can honestly say I had never heard that before. Gave me a lot to think about.
So our next meeting is in 2 weeks... We need to have at least 2 pages submitted by this Wednesday though. I am so looking forward to seeing what everyone has come up with!
No comments:
Post a Comment